Sunday 7 October 2012

Koreanovelas: Can change your life


There are some simple questions I like to know:
  • Does Koreanovelas change your life?
  • How it was changed?
    And as I looked for an answer to my questions, I came across in this article. It stated here that some Filipinos are most likely fond and attractive to Korean culture. Some of Filipinos are living in Korea, some are attracted to their culture, and some are using their products and accessories. Everything about it is part of their life now. 

    Wenasadorra and Jang Geum in Minsukchon, Yongin, Korea

    This article on How Koreanovelas Changed My Life posted by wenasadorra can tell some of her experience with Korean things. She's not a Korean, actually she's a Filipina, a pure Filipino that Korean things are included in her life now. Dae Jang Geum is the first Korean Drama she watched and her first window towards understanding Korea beyond its name. She never imagined being deeply attached to Korea and its culture through something she thought would just be her regular past time.

    And beside the questions I asked for, these are some questions I still looking forward to have an answer.

    • What if Korean Dramas will not aired on Philippine TV?
    • Would you still find a way to watch it?
    • Have you experienced without watching it?
    Hope I'll be able to answer my questions that I'd like to know more about, for the topic I chose.


    ‘Still largely unfamiliar’
    But the study found that “traditional Korean culture and language are still largely unfamiliar to Filipinos.” Me too, I still don't know more about Korean culture but I really love the things about it, like, Korean songs, dramas and even accessories. I could spend my money buying those pretty stuffs, I could learn to speak their language, and I could adapt their culture.

    If I were to give my own conclusions on this article, most Filipinos probably can't live without the Korean things. So they intended to get into Korean things for them to adapt their culture. Some of them use/buy pretty stuffs from Korea, watch their dramas, and listen to their music. Some of Filipinos today are now attached and attracted to Koreans. They never think to be like that, thought would just be their regular past time.

    See link below: 

    1 comment: