Sunday 7 October 2012

Filipinos love Koreanovela


Why Korean dramas are more titillating than Filipino dramas?


What are the things or reasons why we Filipinos addicted to watching Korean Dramas? Why Korean entertainment attained a great success worldwide, especially in the Philippines? Well, I guess, getting into a Korean drama world may seem like entering into a Wonderland. A fan like me find a piece of reality in that Fantasy.

As I looked for an article about the topic I'm supposed to write, I saw this article entitled Korean dramas on Hulu: Why I'm addicted, I wonder why some people watch and become addicted to Korean soap operas. It says that at first you will hate Korean dramas until you watch it and make yourself realize that it is really fascinating not only because of the actresses and actors who plays the part/role of the character and has a catching looks but of the story that could be done in real life.

As I was surfing the net, I saw this 6 Reasons Why I love Watching Korean Dramas/Series. In this article, it says that the Filipino drama's story really happens in life and has also the same themes all over again so that the watchers is no longer interested in watching it while the Korean drama's story is rarely happens and I realized that there are simple experiences in our lives to be seen in the TV and hits our heart slowly.


Just like what the writer of the article said, "Most Korean Dramas have their stories and episodes well-planned before they start shooting. Too lengthen the episodes, I believe, rarely happens. Since there are also a few characters, viewers can easily go with the flow of the story. Unlike our local shows, there are many subplots, and when it happens, a new character comes or a character dies/disappears. The story becomes complicated and sometimes too draggy, that most of the times it lasts for a year."

I agree with this statement of the writer "So when Korean Dramas (we call it koreanovelas) are aired in the Philippines, and become a hit, local shows started shortening their air time" yes, it is true. When the Philippine TV aired some Korean dramas, the local shows become unwanted. That's why there are now a lot of Filipino people who are addicted in watching Korean dramas.

1 comment: